- IMAGO DEI; (icons and articles)
- BELMONT ABBEY, OUR MOTHER HOUSE
- PACHACAMAC MONASTERY - OUR MONASTERY
- HOLY RESURRECTION MONASTERY
- SITE MAP OSB: BENEDICTINE ORDER
- LEARN OR PREPARE PLAINCHANT: THE WHOLE GRADUAL ONLINE
- A WONDERFUL ORTHODOX CONVENT: ST ELIZABETH'S CONVENT, MINSK
- ECCLESIAL PEACE: This website and "Monks and Mermaids" belong to one another.
EXPAND YOUR READING!!
"Today the concept of truth is viewed with suspicion, because truth is identified with violence. Over history there have, unfortunately, been episodes when people sought to defend the truth with violence. But they are two contrasting realities. Truth cannot be imposed with means other than itself! Truth can only come with its own light. Yet, we need truth. ... Without truth we are blind in the world, we have no path to follow. The great gift of Christ was that He enabled us to see the face of God".Pope Benedict xvi, February 24th, 2012
The Church is ecumenical, catholic, God-human, ageless, and it is therefore a blasphemy—an unpardonable blasphemy against Christ and against the Holy Ghost—to turn the Church into a national institution, to narrow her down to petty, transient, time-bound aspirations and ways of doing things. Her purpose is beyond nationality, ecumenical, all-embracing: to unite all men in Christ, all without exception to nation or race or social strata. - St Justin Popovitch
Important Christian Literature
- "Cyberdesert" the Fathers on Prayer & the Christian Life
- "On Inmages" (Hilary of Poities John Damascene
- Abandonment to Divine Providence (Jean-Pierre de Caussade
- Ascent of Mount Carmel (John of the Cross)
- Augustine Baker (home page)
- Augustine Baker OSB "Sancta Sophia"
- Conferences of St John Cassian
- Confessions & Enchiridion (S> Augustine)
- Life of St Benedict (S. Gregory the Great)
- On St Symeon the New Theologian (i-pod)
- On the Gospel of St John and the "Epistle to the Hebrews (S. John Chrysostom)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol. 1 (S. Athanasius)
- Paradise or Garden of the Holy Fathers vol.2. (S. Athanasius)
- Revelations of Divine Love (Julian of Norwich)
- Sermon on the Mount, Harmony of he Gospels, Sermons on the Gospels (S> Augustine)
- Spiritual Canticle of the Soul
- St Dionysius "Mystical Theology"
- St John of the Cross "The Dark Night of the Soul."
- The City of God (S. Augustine)
- The Cloud of Unknowing
- The Divine Names & Mystical Theology (S. Dionysius the Areopagite)
- The Inarnation (St Athanasius)
- The Life of St Teresa of Avila OCD
- The Practice of the Presence of God (Br Lawrence)
- The Rule of S. Benedict
- Works of Suplicius Severus, S. Vincent of Lerins, and S. John Cassia
Orthodox Monasteries Throughout The World
Benedictine Order -website
Orthodox Monasticism in Patristic and Monastic Studies
My Blog List
“The Ever-Virgin was the first to come to the tomb and receive the good tidings of the resurrection” - The Ever-Virgin was the first to come to the tomb and receive the good tidings of the resurrection, but afterwards many women came together and they saw th...8 hours ago
Celebration in Parliament of the 126th Birthday of Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar and the campaign to Make Caste History. - . Remarks by David Alton, Lord Alton of Liverpool, at a meeting on April 26th 29017, in the British House of Lords, to celebrate the 126th Anniversary of t...1 day ago
A Conversation in Novgorod: ‘Let us call brothers even those who hate us and forgive all by the Resurrection’ - Talk given by Jim Forest at the Belgian Congress of Orthodox Youth at their meeting in Leuven, Belgium, in February 2005: “Let us call brothers even those ...1 week ago
Kriste aghdga (Christ is Risen) – Georgian Easter chants - Editor’s Note: This article originally appeared on John Graham’s website featuring his tours of Georgia and Georgian liturgical music. We are reposting i...1 week ago
Important Information To Consider Regarding 'The Shack' UPDATED March 27th - From the Lighthouse Archive for the ‘The Shack’ Category NEW BOOKLET – The Shack and Its New Age Leaven “The Shack,” TBN, and the New Age Letter to the Ed...1 month ago
Over 9,000 people killed, 20,000 wounded during conflict in Donbas — UN - GENEVA, /TASS/. More than 9,000 people — both civilians and military, have been killed and over 20,000 have been wounded as a result of the conflict ...1 year ago
Fr. Seraphim Rose on the Characteristics of the “New Man” - What, more realistically, is this “mutation,” the “new man”? He is the rootless man, discontinuous with a past that Nihilism has destroyed, the raw materia...1 year ago
Monasterio de la Encarnacion, Pachacamac - Lurin, LIMA
- ► 2016 (147)
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (162)
- ► 2013 (250)
- ENCYCLICAL OF HIS BEATITUDE THE PATRIARCH OF CONST...
- FRIDAY OF THE 5TH WEEK OF LENT: OUR LADY OF COMPAS...
- ON THE SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION (from Commonwe...
- PALM SUNDAY 2012 and HOLY WEEK -I
- POPE BENEDICT IN MEXICO AND CUBA
- LADY DAY, THE ANNUNCIATION 2012
- 5th SUNDAY OF LENT 2012 B
- SYRIA, CRADLE OF CHRISTIANITY
- METROPOLITAN HILARION: CROSSING FRONTIERS
- MARCH 21ST: THE "TRANSITUS" OF ST BENEDICT
- CHRISTIANITY IN SOUTH WALES: A SERMON GIVEN BY ABB...
- THE MARONITE CHURCH: A CHURCH OF HOPE Sub-MenuLi...
- LAETARE SUNDAY, 4TH OF LENT, 2012
- BROTHER NICHOLAS VON FLUE, HERMIT AND PATRON SAINT...
- MANQUEHUE APOSTOLIC MOVEMENT
- ROWAN WILLIAM'S HOMILY IN ROME ON MONASTIC VIRTUE ...
- Life of St. Silouan of Mt. Athos Schema-monk Silua...
- St. Thérèse’s Teacher: Our Lady of the Little Way
- PALAMAS SUNDAY
- TRADITIONALISTS AND TRADITION
- THE VISIT OF CHRIST & OTHER TALES
- PASTORAL LETTER OF HUGH, BISHOP OF ABERDEEN AND EX...
- WHAT CAN ORTHODOXY AND EVANGELICALS LEARN FROM ONE...
- MYTH AND REALITY: WHY HISTORICAL FACT IS NOT ENOUG...
- ST GREGORY THE WONDERWORKER
- HOW TO BUILD AN ENGLISH MEDIAEVAL CATHEDRAL (BBC)
- FORGIVENESS SUNDAY (Orth.) AND LENT (Gk Cath.)
- SUITABLE LENTEN FILMS: THE PASSION OF ST BERNADETT...
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2011 (300)
- ► 2010 (186)
- ► 2009 (47)